Want to eat healthy but think you don’t have the time? BlackEnterprise.com and Chef Anthony Thomas have you covered. A busy schedule doesn’t have to stop you from getting the proper nutrients you need to keep your energy levels high throughout the week, as long asÂ you plan ahead.
Chef Anthony, founder of ‘Chef Anthony Events’ in the Washington, D.C. Metro area, has been helping provide amazing unique entrees with the freshest ingredients since 2009. In addition toÂ providingÂ personal and private chef services, healthy meal preps, and organic baby food, Anthony also bottles his own BBQ sauce, ‘Everything’ Seasoning, ‘Smokehouse’ Rub, and he recently created his first cookbook with various recipes.
BlackEnterprise.com asked the Chef if he could provide easy meals for the busy professional to get through the work week and he delivered. Have fun trying out the meals below!
The Fully Loaded Sweet Potato
Prepare Time: Under 1 hour
- Spray baking sheet with spray olive oil
- Use a fork to poke multiple holes around the sweet potato
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees
- lace your sweet potato on the baking sheet and bake until fork tender (Usually 50 minutes — 1 hour)
- With a sharp knife, cut the potato down the middle and squeeze the ends to open.
- Load your baked potato with raisins, fresh almonds, walnuts, granola, cinnamon for great texture and flavor
- Add a healthy amount of fresh salad to your plate
Super Green Salad
Prepare Time: Less than 10 minutes
- PlaceÂ fresh spinach, baby arugula and kale in a large bowl
- To your liking, add cherry tomatoes, feta crumbles, sliced cucumbers, shaved carrots, walnuts, and sliced apples
- For a low calorie dressing option, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice OR balsamic vinegar
Healthy Vegetable Stir Fry
Prepare Time: About 10-13 minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and red pepper flakes. Sit to the side
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When pan becomes heated, add your vegetables. Vegetables can includeÂ shaved cabbage, carrot shavings, broccoli, inch cut asparagus tips, sliced bell peppers, onions, snow peas, and your favorite stir-fry vegetable. Cover
- About 3 minutes later, drizzle whisked mixture blend over your veggies. *NOTE*: If pan becomes dry, add about 4-6 ounces of water to help produce desired steam
- Enjoy. Pairs well with chicken breast or lean fish
Cilantro Lime Chicken Breast
Prepare Time: Just under an hour
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, freshly chopped cilantro, salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Add chicken breasts to the bowl and cover
- Place in fridge overnight OR at least two hours before prepare time
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray olive oil on a baking sheet
- Place your chicken breast on a baking sheet
- Lightly season with salt and pepper
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes
Prepare Time: 25-30 minutes
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, soy sauce
- Place your salmon filets in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour over the whisked mixture blend over salmon filets.
- Place in fridge for marinating overnight OR at least two hours prior to baking.
- Preheat oven on 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with olive oil spray
- Place the salmon filets on baking sheet and lightly season with salt and pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy. Pairs well with brown rice and light arugula salads.
Follow Chef AnthonyÂ on Instagram at @ChefAnthonyDCÂ for more amazing foods and recipes.
Mia Hall is a speaker, multimedia content producer, and career strategist specializing in the business of sports. She has worked with organizations such as the WNBA, NY Knicks, The High School of Sports Management, Barclays Center. Mia is a graduate of Hampton and Harvard Universities and resides in her hometown of Brooklyn, New York. Follow her atÂ @mia_hall19