“Show up for your life, because if you don’t, no one else will.” –Andy Henriquez
Born to Haitian immigrants who came to the United States in pursuit of a better life, he was driven by the values of hard work, discipline, and commitment instilled by his parents. After graduating summa cum laude from Florida State University in accounting, he continued and obtained a masters in corporate accounting and became a licensed certified public accountant.
Landing a sweet spot position with one of the largest professional service firms in the world, PricewaterhouseCoopers, at the end of three years he found himself repeatedly pondering, “There’s got to be more than this!” Fast forward 15 years and Andy Henriquez (www.AndyHenriquez.com), CEO of Show Up For Your Life, LLC., is an author, speaker, trainer, and strategic storytelling expert based out of Hollywood, Florida.
We caught up with Andy to share five success tips on how to really ‘show up’ and live extraordinarily.
1. Identify Your Why. You have to have a why, a compelling reason that makes it worth it for you to show up in spite of the odds, present circumstances, setbacks and obstacles.
2. Anticipate The Hits. Just because you decide to show up in life and go after your goals and dreams, it doesn’t mean that you are not going to encounter challenges and difficulties. Adversity is inevitable.
3. Trust The Process. You will rarely be able to see the entire path when you set out to accomplish something significant in life. You will often encounter a great deal of uncertainty and doubting. However, you must trust the process. People who want and demand all the answers before they act, miss many opportunities in life and often fail to show up.
4. Be Unstoppable. Being unstoppable means that no matter what comes your way, you will find a way to get past it. It may mean you have to go over it, under it, around it or even through it. Regardless of how hard or difficult it gets, be determined that you won’t be stopped.
5. Have Faith. Martin Luther King said it best, “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” Showing up requires action even when everything in sight is telling you that it’s not possible. Take the first step and know that it is possible.
To learn more, check out the following:
Show Up For Your Life, 7 Principles To Living An Extraordinary Life, www.ShowUpforYourLifeBook.com or www.SUFYlBook.com. Join the official ‘Show Up’ event on April 9 from 7- 9:30 p.m. at Piano Hollywood, located at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, FL.
Roz A. Gee (@RozAGee) is the CEO of The Rated Gee Agency (www.RatedGee.com) with core service sectors in Media Relations, Brand Readiness and Speaking/Training. Roz has masterfully mixed over 20 years of cumulative experience and has worked professionally for industry titans such as General Electric, AT&T, AOL, IBM, and Northrop Grumman. Request a discover session at www.MediaMatchMaven.com. Twitter: @RozAGee. Facebook: TheRatedGeeAgency