Black Enterprise is currently seeking a Front End Developer for our Digital department based in New York City. This individual will be responsible for overseeing digital projects from conception through technical implementation. He/She will organize, track and coordinate projects to ensure that output is on-time, high quality and meets business needs. Our successful candidate will have strong communication skills as well as deep technical knowledge. We are seeking a creative thinker that has the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage day-to-day production of all technical web initiatives
- Lead setup of functionality specification documents
- Manage development integration of ad serving, Omniture and social media
- Assist in producing information architecture and page schematics
- Troubleshoot technology issues
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team (Sales, Editorial, MIS, and external vendors) to implement online solutions
- Keep abreast of continual evolution of digital/marketing communications marketplace, both through work project demands and proactive exploration; help develop group wide updates.
- Supporting implementation of custom initiatives like newsletters and microsites while ensuring that all web requests are completed on time
- Determining workflow priorities, building detailed site maintenance plans and executing tasks on time and in order
- Developing project plans, scope and requirement documents, as well as tracking mechanisms
- Responsible for quality assurance testing using multiple browsers and multiple platforms
- Minimum 5 years interactive/digital media experience with project management and web development responsibilities
- Strong client-management skills
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS, and related web authoring tools and software, including content management systems specifically Word Press (Theming and Plug-in Development)
- Ability to customize and create WordPress plugins and themes
- Version Control experience: SVN, GIT
- Pixel perfect translation of designs from Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign to valid HTML markup.
- Strong interaction design sensibility; understands business and user goals
- Ability to manage resources and the translation between content and integration
- Video experience is a plus
- Self-motivated, independent worker and thinker with positive attitude and ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment
- Passionate about the digital space and being an evangelist for the team, for new technology, for innovation, and continual learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.