Responsible to the EVP/COO & CFO for gathering, compiling, analyzing and interpreting data, facts and information on BLACK ENTERPRISE’s target markets and their likely response to company initiatives, its competitors and other factors, to assist management in its decision-making process of planning and execution. Conducts and interprets research for our advertising sales, digital and editorial content departments.
- Maintains media industry reports.
- Analyzes, interprets and highlights specific management and industry trends, changes or variances that may have an impact on BLACK ENTERPRISE.
- Develops and analyzes demographic, psychographic and geo-demographic data on BLACK ENTERPRISE’s target markets.
- Compiles, maintains and ensures the accuracy of the annual BLACK ENTERPRISE 100 List of top African-American owned companies (“B.E. 100s”), and produces any required supplemental data or information regarding these companies, including the Annual B.E. 100 Master Book.
- Designs, complies, analyzes and reports on management-defined research challenges or opportunities; and identifies the value of research projects vs. cost, including new business or product development.
- Works closely with the BLACK ENTERPRISE Advertising Sales Department to develop positive promotional rationale based on Market Research data that supports the Advertising sales effort against potential advertisers.
- Designs and conducts research projects and, when required, supervises firms or consultants who are working on approved research projects for BLACK ENTERPRISE to ensure that they are consistent with management objectives for the project and within budget.
- Consistently strives to become a recognized expert on the upscale African-American consumer market and on the sources of data regarding the market.
- Assists company staff in understanding and reforming data, reports and information available within the company.
- Develops methods to identify the strengths or weaknesses of BLACK ENTERPRISE’s products/programs/events, Earl Graves, and the relevance of BLACK ENTERPRISE Editorial content.
- Assists management in determining the degree of success of implemented programs or strategic initiatives.
- Recommends budgets and resource allocation for the function and manages approved budgets.