Not Heading Straight to College? See 6 Alternative Options for Recent High School Grads

A four-year college isn’t the next step for every high school grad. Here, six non-traditional options


  • Apply for the Peace Corps
  • The program serves 77 countries and is open to dedicated individuals wanting to make a difference, utilizing their skills in areas of need. Participants must be at least 18 years of age, a US citizen with a high school diploma and have no dependents, to become a Peace Corps volunteer. Note: there are certain programs that require participants to have a four-year degree; however, opportunities exist for these recent high school graduates. The application process, which includes an in-depth application and interviews, is rigorous. Visit the Peace Corps website for more information on how to join.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7