Oftentimes, if you’re not on top of your game, you may forfeit your chances of success altogether. That’s why it’s a good idea to be knowledgeable about the best strategy for your advancement and to be diligent in pursuing your highest potential. Oversights can lead to negative fallout in your professional journey, so you don’t want to be caught slipping.
Brazen Careerist details 7 missed opportunities that can cost you your job and ultimately your career success. Don’t fall victim to overlooking these key power plays:
1. Not Googling yourself.
2. Not fixing your online reputation.
3. Not scouting out the location beforehand.
4. Not doing enough research.
5. Not asking enough questions.
6. Not taking notes.
7. Not sending a handwritten “thank you.â€