Whether you’re headed out for a night on the town with friends or hosting a small party at home, toast to the New Year with a few unique cocktails. From creamy and sweet to sweet and sour, we’ve compiled a list of a few classic cocktails with a twist.
Champagne Mojitos.Â A puckery drink prepared with rum and fresh mint like a classic mojito, but topped with a splash of Champagne.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups packed mint leaves, plus 12 mint sprigs, for garnish
- 6 limes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups light rum
- Cracked ice
- 3 cups Champagne or sparkling wine
Read More: FoodandWine.com
Sparkling Pomegranate Punch.Â Pomegranate juice flavored with a little citrus, a little cider and then topped off with champagne
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles apple cider (use non-alcoholic if desired)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 (750ml) bottle champagne or sparkling wine OR sparkling water/club soda (for a non-alcoholic version)
- couple dashes of orange bitters
- arils from 1 pomegranate
Read More: HalfBakedHarvest.comÂ
Sorbet and Champagne Cocktail.Â A scoop of sorbet takes the place of the traditional sugar and bitters and turns this classic into a delicious holiday slush.
- 1 teaspoon sorbet (we like raspberry or passion fruit)
- Chilled Champagne or Prosecco
Read More: MarthaStewart.com
(Continued on next page)