All Elevator Pitch Competition entrants are required to review and abide by the official contest rules or they will be disqualified.
Official Contest Rules
* The selected semi-finalists must be present on Monday, May 18 and Tuesday, May 19, 2009, at the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo
* Semi-finalists who are not present when they are called will be disqualified
* A 5-minute question and answer session for the judges and audience members will follow each 2-minute presentation
* Each finalist is encouraged to solicit feedback from the audience on his/her pitch
* Your pitch must focus on what products or services you can offer
* Your business model must be original and have commercial promise
* No PowerPoint presentations or other media are allowed
* There is no limit to the number of team members permitted
* You can only submit one entry per person/team
* The judges’ decisions are final and binding
Suggested Pitch Format
* What is your business focus?
* What products and services can you offer a company?
* How would you take advantage of this opportunity?
* How would you make money?
Please include the following information:
* Your name and business contact information (mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and mobile telephone number)
* The number of years you’ve been in business or a description of your proposed business
* A brief summary of your elevator pitch (no more than 100 words)
* A video submission (in DVD or CD-ROM format) no more than two minutes in length
Disclaimer: The Black Enterprise events team and the Black Enterprise editorial board reserve the right to include and/or exclude videos in order to protect the integrity of Black Enterprise and Entrepreneurs Conference sponsors.
DVDs and CD-ROMs can be mailed to:
The Elevator Pitch Competition c/o
BLACK ENTERPRISE Events
130 5th Ave 9th Fl
New York, NY 10011
All competition entrants must be registered attendees of the 2009 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo hosted by General Motors and ExxonMobil.