Hot Golf Activities and Packages Available at the 2014 Golf & Tennis Challenge
The beautiful PGA National course where the Black Enterprise Golf and Tennis Challenge will take place will make you appreciate the beauty of the scenery and backdrop. And that’s just the beginning!
Once you get on the green, the excitement of being instructed by the teaching staff of PGA Professional Rodney Green, will reach levels you didn’t imagine. The Golf School Academy is designed for beginning golfers who want to elevate their game. You will receive instruction and encouragement to learn the basics of golf with no limitations, distractions, intimidation or added pressure. You will work on your full swing, short game and club movements, all in an attempt to bring you to a comfort level you may not feel before you start the academy. And on the final day, you will be able to show off your newly learned skills, if you want, in the Golf School Academy Tournament and even get a chance to compete for the Most Improved Student award presented at Saturday night’s Awards dinner!
The PGA National Tennis courts will hold all tennis-related events onsite as they offer 19 Har-Tru clay courts. If you’re game for playing at night, there are 11 courts that are lighted and will be available for your use for night play. For the Tennis Challenge, best efforts will be made for the divisions to alternate surfaces each day.
As part of the Golf School Academy package, you will be able to participate in afternoon practice sessions with Rodney Green and his staff, who will be there to offer specific advice and instruction to help you with your anything you feel will make you a better golfer.
On Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., you, along with fellow Golf School Academy participants, will receive on-course instruction by the team of PGA professionals assembled by Rodney Green. On course etiquette will be reviewed along with the rules of play and basic management skills. Check out more golfing highlights:
- There is a Golf Clinic on Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the PGA National Driving Range that our Golf Academy PGA Professional, Rodney Green, will be running. It will be open to all attendees at the Black Enterprise Golf & Tennis Challenge. There will be sign-up sheets on-site at Event Check-In.
- There is a 3 day 54-hole handicap tournament that takes place during the Black Enterprise Golf and Tennis Challenge. There is a 7:30 a.m. shotgun start on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Players play their own ball and record their individual scores for each hole. A triple-bogey maximum is in effect throughout the tournament to ensure that all rounds are completed in a timely fashion.
- Golf School Tournament: The Golf Academy Tournament, which will take place on Saturday at 2 PM, will be a scramble format (Of course, you’ll understand this term by this time Saturday arrives!) . All necessary equipment such as carts, golf balls and golf clubs will be provided. Instructors will on hand to assist you on the golf course. You should meet at the golf staging area promptly at 2:00 p.m. ready to show off your newly learned skills!
- The PGA Golf Resort and Spa offers some of the finest championship golf courses in the country. The five spectacular golf courses have hosted some of the world’s most prestigious tournaments including the Ryder Cup, PGA Championship, PGA Seniors Championships and PGA Tour events. The courses were designed by legends of the game, including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio, and George Fazio. The challenge will be played on the Champion Course (par 72), the Fazio Course (par 72), the Squire Course (par 72) and the Palmer Course (par 72).
- If you like company or like to play in groups, then The Social Golf package is for you! The Social Golf package is an excellent opportunity for you and other golfers to play in a relaxed atmosphere with a twosome or foursome of choice. The Social Golf package provides two rounds on Friday and Saturday.
- You will play and pair yourself, with others, into teams of two or four players. You’d give your preferred tee times during the registration process and if you have not received your tee times, please go to the Event Registration office on-site someone will help you from the event staff. The tournament staff will pair singles and doubles to assist you and others if you are not able to create a foursome.