More Fun, Networking and Entertainment Confirmed for the Black Enterprise Golf & Tennis Challenge
Posted on 15. Aug, 2014
Jeffrey Osborne, Bell Biv DeVoe, Chris Spencer, Bevy Smith, Nicki Carr, Anthony Anderson, the Doug Banks Radio Show and more will join 800 of the nation’s top African American entrepreneurs, executives, and professionals at the 21st annual Black Enterprise Golf & Tennis Challenge, Aug. 28-31, 2014, at PGA National Resort and Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
“Once again, Black Enterprise brings together a few hundred of our closest and most influential friends to close out the summer in grand style,” says Black Enterprise CEO Earl “Butch” Graves Jr. “Our Golf and Tennis Challenge represents an unprecedented opportunity to network and build relationships that will bear fruit long after Labor Day weekend is over, while having loads of fun.”
Graves adds,”I’m looking forward to reconnecting with many of the top entrepreneurs and executives featured in our magazine and on our television shows … If you’ve never been, make this the year you find out why this is a can’t-miss event. There is literally nothing like it.”
Whatever your pleasure—be it entertainment, lounging poolside, hitting the links or courts, or being pampered at the spa—the power networking, luxury and fun is the bottom line at this one-of-a-kind Labor Day Weekend event. Highlights of the 2014 Black Enterprise Golf & Tennis Challenge:
- Evening concert featuring performance by Bell Biv DeVoe, hosted by Pepsi
- Comedy Night, hosted by Chris Spencer
- Challenge Awards Dinner emceed by Actor/Comedian Anthony Anderson, followed by a night of music from R&B crooner Jeffrey Osborne, hosted by FedEx
- Competitive Tournament Golf featuring the PGA National course; Social Golf and Golf Academy with instructors, plus Social Tennis and Tennis Academy
- Live broadcasts of the Doug Banks Radio Show, with Doug Banks and Dede McGuire, from PGA National during the event
- Battle of the Sexes Trivia Competition hosted by Comedian/Producer Chris Spencer and Supermodel turned entrepreneur Beverly Johnson
- 3-on-3 basketball tournament emceed by NBA great and sports radio host Cedric Maxwell
- Enjoy the good life with the perfect weekend getaway at PGA’s world-class spa hosted by Supermodel Beverly Johnson
- Plus: health, finance and business workshops; cutting-edge fitness classes like Ballet & Tone and spin studios; shopping excursions, Celebrity Master Chef Challenge, and Wine and Design
The prestigious weekend continues to be the largest African American sporting event of its kind, with two decades of showcasing world-class entertainers (Raphael Saadiq, Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, Fantasia, Steve Harvey, Babyface, Earth Wind & Fire, MC Lyte, Big Daddy Kane, Chrisette Michelle, Anthony Hamilton, and Dave Chappelle are just a small sampling of the showstoppers who have performed at the Challenge) and attracting African American achievers from every arena, ranging from then-teen tennis sensations Venus and Serena Williams, to golf legends Charlie Sifford and Lee Elder. The yearly conclave draws hundreds of attendees, including some of the nation’s top corporate executives, professionals, tastemakers and entrepreneurs for fun in the sun, top-notch entertainment, and all-inclusive amenities in a relaxed and engaging environment. The most determined golf and tennis competitors will compete for the coveted Purple Jacket, awarded to the champions of the Challenge tournaments, as well as receive trophies by Tiffany & Co.
For Golf & Tennis Challenge registration and full schedule information visit www.blackenterprise.com/gt. For the latest event updates, as well as other perks and prizes for registrants, follow the #BEGT hashtag on Twitter and Facebook.