PERFORMING LIVE: 10 Facts About Jeffrey Osborne
Posted on 15. Aug, 2014
As we are approaching the next installment of Black Enterprise’s Golf and Tennis Challenge, which will take place in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., Aug. 28 to Aug. 31, we bring you a 10 facts about one of our performers, Jeffrey Osborne.
1. Osborne is the lead singer for the group L.T.D. (Love, Togetherness, and Devotion).
2. Osborne received the 2014 New England Pell Award for Artistic Excellence from Providence (Rhode Island)’s Trinity Repertory Company in honor of his artistic achievements and philanthropic work in Rhode Island.
3. He is the youngest of 12 children.
4. His brother, Billy, was also a member of L.T.D.
5. He appeared on the Michael Jackson-helmed, USA for Africa’s fundraising single, “We Are the World” in 1985.
6. His father, Clarence “Legs” Osborne, was a popular trumpeter who played with Lionel Hampton, Count Basie and Duke Ellington.
7. Osborne released a holiday album, “Something Warm for Christmas” in 1997.
8. His debut solo album, “Jeffrey Osborne,” was released on the A&M label in 1982.
9. In 2008, Osborne sang the national anthem before Game four of the NBA finals at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, and then again in 2009, before Game one of the 2009 NBA finals, and also again in 2010 before Game one of the NBA finals.
10. In 2013, while speaking to the leaders of the Group of Eight (G8), President Obama mistakenly referred to George Osborne, as Jeffrey three times and then apologized citing that Osborne was his favorite R&B singer.