EC Elevator Pitch
Calling all entrepreneurs!!!
Is your business pitch on point? Need a capital infusion? Enter the Black Enterprise Elevator Pitch Competition now! You’ve got nothing to lose—just record and upload your best business pitch (under two minutes, please) and send it to us. The top 10 finalists will be invited to the 2013 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo where they will pitch their idea to judges and a live audience for a chance to win $10,000!
No business plan, no PowerPoint presentation. Just you and your idea.
The contest deadline is Monday, April 15, 2013! Don’t miss your chance to pitch your big idea!
Official Contest Rules
- A video of you making your pitch (no more than two minutes in length) must be submitted by the contest deadline, Monday, April 15, 2013.
- Ten semi-finalists will be selected and notified.
- If you’re chosen as a finalist you will receive complimentary registrations for you and a guest to the 2013 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo.
- The selected semifinalists must be present on Wednesday, May 15 and at the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo where they will pitch their ideas to judges and a live audience. Each pitch will be limited to 60 seconds.
- Five finalists will be determined by audience and live stream voting.
- Finalist will be selected and contacted on Friday, April 26
- The five finalists will pitch their businesses again, this time with a 30-second time limit.
- A Q-and-A session with the judges will follow each presentation.
- The winner will be determined by the judges.
- The winner will receive $10,000 to help launch his or her business!
- Your pitch must focus on products or services you can offer.
- Your business idea must be original and have commercial promise.
- No PowerPoint presentations or other media are allowed.
- Entrants will be given two minutes to give an oral presentation.
- Entrants can be one person or a team. (There is no limit to the number of team members.)
- Multiple entries are not allowed.
- The judges’ decisions are final and binding
Suggested Elevator Pitch Format
- What is your business focus?
- What products and services can you offer?
- How would you take advantage of this opportunity?
- How would you make money?
Please note: As an Elevator Pitch contestant, your name and likeness may be used for future advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, it is advised that you obtain the appropriate legal documentation to protect your business idea or product. Black Enterprise is not liable for duplication of your business idea or product by a third party.