18th Annual Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge
Start Date : August 30, 2012
End Date : September 3, 2012
Phone : 1-800-209-7229
What is the Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge?
The Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge is an exclusive, luxurious weekend bursting with networking, fun, and relaxation. This stellar event aligns you with top business minds—so get in the game!
Who should attend?
Professionals wanting to network, relax, or both. This event is a weekend of business, pleasure, and friendly competition. Adult registration is ages 18 and up.
What does the registration fee include?
Your registration fee includes access to all sessions and workshops; continental breakfast (Fri. – Sun.); lunch (Fri.-Sun) and evening functions; access to the Expo Hall; the event bag, compliments of our sponsors; and an event journal.
What activities does the event offer?
The event offers golf packages, tennis packages, a spa package, and a social package.
Tournament Golf Package
– Includes 3 full rounds of competitive tournament play, Friday–Sunday, as well as clinics, cart fees, and access to driving range and range balls.
Golf Academy Package
– Includes one-on-one lessons and etiquette classes, 2-hour clinics, and a one-day beginner’s golf tournament, which includes free range balls and prizes for competitive play.
Social Golf Package
– Includes 2 full rounds of noncompetitive play—choice of two days, Friday–Sunday. A special discount is available on an optional third day of play. Also includes clinics, cart fees, and access to driving range and range balls.
– Includes 3 days of competitive play (USTA-rated players only) Friday–Sunday, as well as clinics, daily contest prizes, and mixed doubles/team tournaments.
- Includes 3 days of noncompetitive play, Friday–Sunday, as well as clinics, daily contest prizes, and mixed doubles/team tournaments.
– Includes 3 days of 2-hour group clinics for beginners, etiquette classes, Friday – Sunday, as well as giveaways, prizes, and a beginner’s tennis tournament.
– Includes one 50-minute spa service; one 25-minute spa service; cosmetic, health, and lifestyle consultations; and access to spa facilities on days of treatments.
– Includes hospitality and evening functions, off-site excursions, daily golf and tennis clinics, discounts on golf tee times and spa treatments, access to the fitness center.
In addition to each of the package offerings above, your registration fee includes access to the following: informative health and financial seminars/workshops, lifestyle activities (e.g., 3-on-3 basketball, volleyball tournaments), golf clinics, tennis clinics, all evening functions that may include live entertainment, hotel’s fitness center and pools, and a special gift bag, compliments of our sponsors.
Note: Your registration fee does not include your hotel room or travel arrangements.
Do I need to be a professional golf or tennis player to participate in the tournaments?
No. Anyone can play in the golf or tennis tournaments as long as you are registered accordingly. There is a social play package that allows you to play without the stress of competition. However, if you’re interested in showing off a beautiful trophy in your home or office, our competitive play package is just what you are looking for. We rank each player and place them in their appropriate flights, based on ability, so you will be playing alongside participants with a comparable skill level. Competitive players must compete on all three days of the tournament (Friday–Sunday) to be eligible for tournament prizes.
How do I select my spa treatments for the spa package?
Once you register for the Spa Package you will receive a list of spa treatments available to you. You must select one 50-minute treatment and one 25-minute treatment. Other spa treatments can be made on an a-la-carte basis.
Are children allowed into the evening functions?
No. Children under the age of 18 will not be allowed into the evening functions. Registered participants 18-20 years of age will be given special wristbands for entry into the evening functions as they are under legal drinking age. Please be advised that they may be required to show photo ID to event staff prior to entering the evening function.
Can I bring a guest and will they be able to participate in some of the activities?
Unless your guest has registered for one of the event packages, he/she will not be able to participate in or have access to the activities at the Golf & Tennis Challenge. Each registrant is required to wear a photo ID badge and a wristband throughout the event. Security is located at all activities. We strongly suggest that all guests register for the event to avoid disappointment on site. Due to fire codes and space limitations, we may not be able to accept registrations on site.
Note: Times/details are subject to change.
When will I receive an agenda?
An agenda will be available online. Registered attendees will also receive (via email) a detailed agenda in late August. Due to the multitude of activities, please check the Black Enterprise Website (www.blackenterprise.com) for updates to the agenda.
What is the attire for the events?
Event attire will be addressed in the materials you will receive in August. Typically, our evening functions vary between resort casual and semi-formal. Golf and tennis attire is required for the golf courses and tennis courts.
To whom should I speak about sponsorship opportunities?
Contact Kyle Allman at 212-886-9507.
Organized by BLACK ENTERPRISE
Contact the Organizer