*BACK TO BLACK HISTORY MONTH HOMEPAGE > CLICK HERE
On every single day of Black History Month this February, we will provide you with a daily fact that occurred on the same day in a past year in history.
Today’s Black History Month facts focus on the NAACP and Arsenio Hall.
- On this day in 1793, the first fugitive slave law was enacted by Congress.
- On this day in 1907, gospel singing great Roberta Martin was born.
- On this day in 1909, the NAACP was founded.
- On this day in 1934, basketball legend and Boston Celtics great Bill Russell was born.
- On this day in 1956, the first black late-night talk show host Arsenio Hall was born.