*BACK TO BLACK HISTORY MONTH HOMEPAGE > CLICK HERE
On every single day of Black History Month this February, we will provide you with a daily fact that occurred on the same day in a past year in history.
Today’s Black History Month facts focus on Muhammad Ali and Andrew Brimmer.
- On this day in 1966, Andrew Brimmer became the first black governor of the Federal Reserve Board
- On this day in 1964, boxer Cassius Clay changed his name to Muhammad Ali
- On this day in 1928, singer Fats Domino was born
- On this day in 1926, Carter G. Woodson started Negro History Week
- On this day in 1869, the right to vote for blacks was sent to states for ratification