WATCH: Ludacris Expands Brand Into Headphone Market

The enterprising entertainer adds some Soul to the world of personal audio electronics and expands his portfolio in the process

If high quality audio is your thing, then this is your month. Several high profile celebrities announced new headphone lines at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show last week.

See: Sound Advice: 5 Celebrity Headphone Lines

Entertainer Chris “Ludacris” Bridges was not to be undone by the competition. Soul, his line of in-ear and on-ear HD headphones with Signeo USA, come in five different models, as well as in varying colors and includes noise cancelation technology. Like his contemporaries, which includes Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Bridges, didn’t want to slap his name on a product and leave the hard work to the professionals. The Atlanta entrepreneur spent a lot of time with audio engineers and designers at Signeo dictating what he wanted the product to look like and how he wanted it to perform.

Bridges, who also collaborated with Norwegian cognac house Birkedal Hartmann to create Conjure cognac, is no stranger to building brands. sat with him in Las Vegas to discuss his partnership with Signeo USA and find out his strategy for building equity in his name and businesses. What type of input did you provide towards the engineering of the Soul headphones?

Bridges: We went through a lot of stages. It’s been a process and we were extremely specific about every detail. After two years we’ve gotten exactly what we wanted. It’s the closest thing to perfection. There is a lot of competition out there, but me personally, I feel like there is no competition when it comes to the overall sound quality and the design of the headphones.

Soul by Ludacris

Why did you decide to partner with Signeo USA?

I wanted a headphone manufacturer that was just as detailed about every single thing as I was in trying to offer the best product on the market. In terms of me building my brand, I always strive for perfection and I wanted to partner with a company that does the same thing.

As someone with several businesses, what advice would you give in regards to growing different streams of revenue?

It’s all about finding the best individuals that know what they are doing. I might have a passion for something. That doesn’t mean I know every technical aspect of it. So it’s about growing a strong team around you of individuals that are experienced and just as passionate as you are.

Check out Bridges as he explains the differences between his various Soul headphone models.

29 Responses to WATCH: Ludacris Expands Brand Into Headphone Market

1. Pingback: Ludacris Speaks on New Heaphones [Video] | XXL Magazine

2. Pingback: Ludacris Explains Soul Headphones | Musicians Entourage

3. Pingback: Rap Radar :: Ludacris Explains Soul Headphones

4. Pingback: Ludacris Talks Soul Headphones (Video) | My Life Real

5. Pingback: Video: Ludacris Introduces Soul Headphones | The DMV's Front Office

6. Pingback: Ludacris Talks Soul Headphones (Video) | HipHopCube

7. Pingback: The Young Kingz Daily 2.0 » Blog Archive » Ludacris Explains Soul Headphones Line [Video]

8. Pingback: Ludacris Talks Soul Headphones (Video) | TheHipHopWire

9. Pingback: Ludacris Brands His Own Headphone: Introducing “Soul” : Jumping Anaconda

10. Pingback: Soul Headphone Line partners with Ludacris | : Urban Culture Guide For Atlanta | Internet Radio, Music, News, Sports & More

11. Pingback: Ludacris Explains Soul Headphones |

12. Pingback: Ludacris Explains Soul Headphones | AllureVision

13. Ms. Thang says:

Luda you are so fine, I am glad you started looking and dressing better.

14. Ms. Thang says:

Luda  I am glad you stared dressing and looking like a an adult. I am check out  your head phones. I am proud of you..

15. Pingback: | TAKETHISSERIOUS.COM | » Ludacris Releases his own head phones!!! Soul Headphones!!!!

16. Pingback: Ludacris Expands Brand Into Headphone Market | I Am Boi Genius

17. Pingback: Ludacris Expands Brand Into Headphone Market

18. Blackscholar says:

I congratulate Mr. Bridges for his business acumen. That said, I have a few substantive questions to ask him concerning this endeavor: 1) Will this product be manufactured in the Atlanta metro area creating jobs where the unemployment is hoovering near the 30 percent mark for Black males; 2) Did you attempt to expose any of the Black engineering students from the Atlanta University Center with the techinical and design process?; 3) Do you believe that you’re exploiting (ok, capitalizing) the Black community to purchase products(i.e., Conjure) that a not really benificial to themselves or the collective Black community?; and 4) Do you believe these White owned companies who really have no vested interest in the Black community will merely use you as a conduit to the Black community to easily extract money from the Black community?

• Toks Ogun says:

While it’s not his responsibility, you do raise some good points. I’m sure at least one of these suggestions can be worked into the deals that are being made. Even if it were a negligible contribution, it would be a start.
      What you or anyone else might want to do it create a program that would make it easier for them to do it.

• Nice girl says:

If you are such a Scholar stop hating and get on your grind like Luda and do some of those things you are questioning him about. Tell us Black scholar, what have YOU done for the black community. Continue your education, get a good job (it can be done), make it a career, stay out of the liquor stores, and give back to your community. Oh and remember to always spell and grammar check before you post.

• Kishore says:

1.0 out of 5 stars edaburs don’t do it. these quit working in 5 days. save yourself grief and go to a local retailer and buy them. i wold put no stars if pssible

19. Nisha says:

Love the SL300s. The designs appear to be of high-quality with modern-day style. Totally different and unique. Perfect for consumers who likes to syle while vibing to one of your hot tracks. Love it!!!

20. Quincy says:

I love this song, I guess it will sound good on it, U can get the song to here is the link….

21. Pingback: Ludacris Successful With Straits Atlanta Restaurant - Black Enterprise

22. Pingback: Ludacris Cooks up Success with Straits Atlanta Restaurant » JK Consulting Group, LLC

23. Pingback: WATCH: NPD Group Analyst Ben Arnold Talks High-Tech Headphones, Tablets and Ultrabooks

24. Pingback: Tech Wiz Jeff Belizaire Redefines Urban Culture Through Marketing

25. Pingback: Technology - Tech Whiz Jeff Belizaire Redefines Urban Culture Through Marketing

26. Pingback: Black Enterprise - Tech Whiz Jeff Belizaire Redefines Urban Culture Through Marketing