The Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference takes place from May 14-17, at the Hyatt Regency in Columbus, Ohio. Our ’10 Facts’ series continues with the featured performer, the legendary R & B/Hip-Hop group, Bell Biv DeVoe, who will be performing at the On Your Side® Lounge Evening of Entertainment hosted by Nationwide Insurance. Let’s see how much you know about the group known as BBD.
1. BBD’s first album sold over 4 million units.
2. Bell Biv DeVoe performed ‘Poison’ on May 30, 2013, to raise money for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing at a benefit concert named Boston Strong.
3. All New Edition members are still doing shows, Heads of State, consisting of Ralph Tresvant, Johnny Gill and Bobby Brown and of course, Bell, Biv Devoe.
4. They received a Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Urban Contemporary Album of the Year, Group, Band or Duo in 1991.
5. BBD debuted after the N.E. Heartbreak Tour to the surprise of New Edition fans when Johnny Gill and Ralph Tresvant pursued solo careers.
6. BBD will join the other 3 members of New Edition (Ralph Tresvant, Johnny Gill and yes, Bobby Brown) on a summer 2014 tour.
7. BBD meshed the soulful world of R & B with the street edge of Hip Hop in the music and videos.
8. Ricky Bell released his first solo project in 2000 titled Ricardo Campana and is currently working on his second endeavor.
9. Ronnie DeVoe is a licensed real estate professional, founder and owner of the DeVoe Real Estate, Atlanta, GA.
10. SportyRich Enterprises is a record label and production company owned by Michael Bivins