A frequent host/guest of the Black Enterprise Golf and Tennis Challenge taking place in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, Aug. 28-31, Anthony Anderson is no stranger to golf, acting or food. Read below to find out some things you may not be privy to, until now.
1. Anthony Anderson was born and raised in Compton, California.
2. He’s married to his college sweetheart, Alvina.
3. Anderson is starring in and is executive producer of ABC’s sitcom “Black-ish.”
4. While in high school, he obtained an arts scholarship to Howard University.
5. He has been hosting “Golf in America” on the Golf Channel (Since 2012).
6. Anderson won $250,000 on “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” for the Alzheimer’s Association.
7. In his film debut in the 1999 film, ”Liberty Heights,” he played a character named Scribbles.
8. In 2009, Anderson directed a one-minute short film featuring his “Law & Order” co-star, Jeremy Sisto.
9. He hosts “Eating America With Anthony Anderson” on the Food Network.
10. He co-starred in three movies with DMX: “Romeo Must Die” (2000), “Exit Wounds” (2001), and “Cradle 2 the Grave” (2003).