Toolkits for greening your workplace or business.
- Protect the Environment at Work: Tips for preventing pollution at the workplace, and raising awareness of health and safety issues.
- Energy Efficiency at Work: Resources and tips for improving energy efficiency in commercial buildings, farms and ranches, religious institutions and small businesses.
- Green Business Guide: Tips and tools for businesses looking to go green.
Going Green in Your Community
- Protect the Environment: Learn how you can protect the air, water, and environment in your community.
- Learn About Your Environment: Type in your hometown or zip code into EPA’s My Environment tool to learn more about the water quality, air quality and other pollutants in your area.
Going Green on the Road
The EPA has great resources on green travel and DOE offers tips for more energy and fuel efficient vehicles.
Go Green at the Store
- Check out EPA’s tips for buying environmentally friendly products.
Going Green at School
Going Green in the Outside
- Recreation.gov offers a one stop shop to book reservations on all Federal recreation lands
- April 17-25 is National Park week. All 392 National Parks are fee free all week and will host a variety of special events and service opportunities. Check out www.NPS.gov to learn more
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has over 400 fish and wildlife refuges across the country, many offering great opportunities to get outside and active this Earth Day.
- The Forest Service manages public lands in national forests and grasslands, which encompass 193 million acres. Visit their website to learn more about enjoying our National Forest lands.
In honor of the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, BlackEnterprise.com is giving away five autographed copies of “Kennedy Green House” by Robin Wilson.
In 25-words or less, tell us how you will do your part to help the environment on this Earth Day. Be creative in your response. The editors will choose the best five answers received by 8pm EST today, and notify the winners by 5 p.m. EST Friday, April 23. Email your response to email@example.com.
Deborah Creighton Skinner is the editorial director at BlackEnterprise.com.