1. If your team is still in the running for the big game and you are even considering going to the Super Bowl, book your hotel room now. With “Roomer Assurance,” non-refundable hotel rooms can be posted to RoomerTravel.com for others to buy. So even if you decide not to attend the Super Bowl or your team gets cut, there is an online marketplace available to post your hotel room on Roomer. On the other hand, if you decide to wait until after the championship games have passed and your team is definitely going to be in the game, you can also still find a last-minute hotel room on Roomer at a discounted rate.
2. After the final two teams are announced, airlines and hotels will quickly adjust their rates and inventory to reflect the increased demand coming from these two cities. Don’t fall prey to astronomical hotel rates – check Roomer (www.roomertravel.com) first! Nicknamed the “StubHub of the travel industry,” Roomer is designed to connect people who would be stuck paying for an empty hotel room with the travelers looking for a great hotel deal. So, if you decide you want to attend the Super Bowl at the last minute, you could be the lucky buyer who scores a great hotel room at discounted rate from a fan who was unable to attend Super Bowl XLVIII.
3. Don’t limit your hotel searches to those only in Bergen County (the county in which MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. is located.) Transportation to MetLife Stadium is very easy and convenient from New York City via the Port Authority Bus Terminal or the New Jersey Transit, and plus that way you get to see a bit of New York City during your trip! Fans can also look into staying in other areas in New Jersey (for example, Hudson County and Essex County), as the drive to the Meadowlands from these counties is not unreasonable.
4. Be cognizant of the amenities that come with the hotel reservation you are booking. For example, a hotel that offers a complimentary breakfast at a slightly higher rate could be worth it in the long run to avoid rushing around crowded New York City and eating at an expensive restaurant. The same goes for free Wi-Fi, hotels that offer shuttle services, etc.
5. Sign up for hotel rate alerts, download mobile apps, and also utilize social media pages. Hotel rooms will be continually posted on Roomer (www.roomertravel.com) from users who booked in advance but are no longer attending the Super Bowl, and similarly the rates for these rooms will be continually changing. You can sign up for alerts on the Roomer website, and Super Bowl sales will be continually posted via the Roomer Facebook page.