Disney Brings Out the Black Celebrity Chefs
The “Happiest Place on Earth” might just be the tastiest place on earth right now with the kickoff of the 21st annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. This year’s event, which runs through Nov. 14, boasts a stellar lineup of black celebrity chefs.
Top Chef alum, Nashville hot chicken mama, and Emmy Award winner Carla Hall will be on hand with ABC’s The Chew from Oct. 5 through 7 for a full week of episodes that will air starting Oct. 10.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the black celebrity chefs who will be participating in the special events and demonstrations. According to a press release from Disney, the festival will also feature:
- G. Garvin – Acclaimed chef and author known as the host of television show on the Cooking Channel, Road Trip with G. Garvin.
- Jennifer Hill-Booker – The former contestant on the Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen brings her southern culinary heritage to this year’s Festival.
- Rahman “Rock” Harper – Celebrity chef, television personality and restaurateur who won the third season of Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen.
- Warren Brown – The host of Sugar Rush and founder of Cake Love will share his passion for baking through some of his mouth-watering creations.
- Elliott Farmer – The Food Network Cutthroat Kitchen star is honored to share his passion for cooking and his collection of signature recipe tips.
- Dana Herbert – The winner of Cake Boss: The Next Great Baker, known for his wedding cakes and miniature desserts, will showcase his talents in the world of pastry art.
- Jerome Brown – Chef “Rome,” who has shared his skills with celebrities, dignitaries, and athletes, returns to this year’s festival to inspire guests with his healthy cooking style.
New this year will be an Islands of the Caribbean marketplace and World Showcase, with delicacies such as Mojo Pork with Black Beans, Cilantro Rice, and Pickled Red Onions, Pescado con Coco, and Pigeon Peas and Rice with Coconut Sauce.
In addition to all the culinary tastings, there’s also an “Eat to the Beat” concert series with nightly performances from top artists, including Boyz II Men, Chaka Khan, Jeffrey Osborne, and Billy Ocean.