formed a production company and we’re pursuing an idea for a one-woman show on Broadway that would open in late 2002.
Life has been good to me because I’ve listened to what life was telling me and acted on it. I’ve taken risks and have been willing to accept the outcome, good or bad. I don’t need the hype. This industry is two words: show and business.
This is the first in a quarterly series under the banner Take A lesson. From the book of the same title in the Black Enterprise Books series, author Caroline V. Clarke shares a professional’s career journey with us.
Spotlight on Success
Here are some of the tips that you can take away from Bernie Young’s journey:
Follow your instincts.
- Learn everything you can about your new business and identify the formula for success.
- Develop and cultivate long-term relationships throughout your career. They can prove helpful to you in the future.
- Take calculated risks4and be willing to accept the outcome of your decisions.
- Hold true to your convictions.
- Maintain an unwavering belief in yourself.