I am trying to find some help in starting a Plus Size boutique. I have chosen a possible location, with one snag. My business would be next to a salvage yard that is an eyesore. Any help, direction, or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
— Sabrina K., Via the Internet
Don’t open your boutique next to a salvage yard. Finding the right location for your business can mean the difference between success and failure.
When it comes to choosing a better location, you should keep your potential customers in mind and make sure your choice fully meets those clients’ needs. The quality of the neighborhood should influence your decision on where to locate your business.
Continue to look for a better place that is accessible for your customers and affordable for you. What is an ideal location? Before deciding, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the property zoned to meet my company’s needs?
- How close is this location to the markets/customers that I serve?
- Is there adequate foot traffic to support my operations?
- Are there parking facilities at or near my location?
- Is it near public transportation?
Also, talk to a local real estate broker for some advice and the inside track on what’s available in your neighborhood and what the going rates are.