colleagues and employees. This is one of the ways recruiters get to know about you, your work and contacts in the industry.
- Don’t contact a client company directly. Go through the recruiter until you have clearance.
- Don’t be dishonest about salary, job title or education. (These things can be checked.)
- Don’t be informal with the recruiter. Treat the conversations and meetings as you would any business meetings and calls.
- Don’t think that the job is yours if the recruiter is calling you. A recruiter is calling for candidates. You may only get to the inter view stage.
- Don’t get sidetracked by a good opportunity. If a position is not in line with your career goals, you will not be making a good move.