to 15-day trip would cost under $100. With Travelex, frequent travelers can pay an annual fee of $149 for the same amount of coverage. Again, examine the restrictions and coverage carefully.
Flexible travel insurance policies are also bundled, but tend to be cheaper than package deals. You bundle only the insurance you want. For example, if a trip requires you to leave a nonrefundable deposit, with flexible travel insurance you can cover only that amount rather than the cost of the whole trip. Check into Access America’s Basic Plan and Travelex’s Travel Assure policy if this is the way you want to go.
Do you need travel insurance?
- No, if your home owner’s, medical and life insurance policies offer coverage. But find out how much.
- No, if your credit card covers your rental car.
- Possibly, if you’re heading out for a long and/or expensive trip.
- Possibly, if you’re traveling overseas.
- Yes, if your overseas trip/tour/cruise deposit is nonrefundable.