Association, suggests consulting a lawyer if your case involves anything related to everance pay or other benefits, whether you’re going through mediation or arbitration. Bottom line, she says, you shouldn’t lose any of your rights by going through the ADR process.
- To get the most out of mediation, experts give this advice:
- Have specific dates, times, places and information about your case so you can speak with accuracy.
- Brainstorm possible solutions you’d be happy with and be prepared to negotiate them.
- Keep an open mind and make sure you understand the constraints the employer may have.
- Be positive and believe that a mutually acceptable solution can be worked out.