sets, education, and geographic location to come up with a workable number. Also research what other independent professionals are charging and use that as a guide. For example, realize that a virtual assistant with 2 to 5 years of experience located in a rural town in South Dakota may charge $18 per hour. The same VA in New York City could likely charge upwards of $37 per hour. Scope out all projects and their requirements before committing to a fee schedule, and always have in mind a lowest price or hourly rate you’re willing to negotiate down to.
Virtual Assistant Resources
- Interested in becoming a VA, or hiring one?Check out these Websites for more information:
- Alliance for Virtual Businesseswww.allianceforvirtualbiz.com
- Canadian Virtual Assistant Connectionwww.cvac.ca
- International Associationof Virtual Office Assistantswww.iavoa.com
- International Virtual Assistants Associationwww.ivaa.org
- Virtual Assistance Uwww.virtualassistanceu.com