at the utterly luxurious Lucknam Park, which also offers horseback riding. Originally owned by an 18th century trader from Bristol and set in 500 acres of parkland, it boasts 41 rooms and suites, huge fireplaces, and delicious cuisine.
The romantic charm of southwest england: (clockwise from left) wiltshire, lacock abbey, and the roman baths.
- For tourist information, go to www.visitsouthwest.co.uk.
- A good site about black Bristol: www.discoveringbristol.org.uk.
- The Hotel Du Vin, www.hotel duvin.com, 011-44-117-925-5577
- Pirate Walks, www.pirate walks.com, 011-44-795-056-6483
- Blue Badge Guides, www.blue -badge-guides.com, 011-44-207-403-1115
- The Royal Crescent Hotel, www.royalcrescent.co.uk, 011-441-225 823-333
- Lucknam Park, www.lucknam park.co.uk, 011-44-122-574-2777