Cast Your Online Ballot for People’s Choice Recognition for Innovator of the Year, Family Business of the Year, the BE Next Award, and the Teenpreneur Award
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(New York, NY) April 18, 2012 – BLACK ENTERPRISE, the nation’s premier business resource for African Americans, has announced their 2012 Small Business Awards finalists. The annual honor recognizes those entrepreneurs who have found their niche, those who possess the right strategy and skill to eventually grow their small enterprises into sizable entities within their industries. The winners of the 2012 Small Business Awards will be announced at the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo hosted by Nationwide, May 23–26 in Chicago.
In preparation for the Small Business Awards, BlackEnterprise.com is giving its audience the chance to weigh in by voting online for who should win people’s choice recognition in each of the four categories: Innovator of the Year, Family Business of the Year, the BE Next Award and the Teenpreneur Award. The voting results will be announced at the Black Enterprise Small Business Awards Luncheon hosted by Ariel Investments on May 24 at the Hilton Chicago. For more information or to register, visit www.blackenterprise.com/ec.
The finalists in the 2012 Black Enterprise Small Business Awards are as follows:
Innovator of the Year: This award is given to the business that is flourishing in an innovative industry or approaching entrepreneurship in a groundbreaking manner via its products or services.
- Angel 7 Industries L.L.C.
- Director: Kerry S. Harris
- Location: San Antonio
- Type of Business: Research and Development for Military and Consumer Products
- Business Empire Consulting L.L.C.
- Co-Founder/CEO: Bryan Young
- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Type of Business: Digital Marketing
- StreamVenue L.L.C.
- Co-Founder/CEO: Clayton Redmon
- Location: Dallas
- Type of Business: Endoscopy Technology
Family Business of the Year: This award is presented to a family-operated business that exemplifies the combined experience and expertise needed to excel in a key industry.
- Dental Kidz L.L.C.
- Co-Founders: Christopher and Dr. Lezli Levene Harvell
- Location: Newark, NJ
- Type of Business: Pediatric Dental Care Facility
- Lefty’s Spices L.L.C.
- Founder/CEO: Walter Nash Jr.
- Location: Waldorf, MD
- Type of Business: Sauces and Seasonings Manufacturer
- Tillage Construction L.L.C.
- Co-Founders: Ken and Keith Tillage
- Location: Baton Rouge, LA
- Type of Business: Commercial Construction
BE NEXT Award: This honor is presented to the fearless, young entrepreneur, aged 21 to 35, who shows strong potential to become a future business leader.
- DIOSCURI L.L.C.
- Co-founders/Co-CEOs: Teman and Teran Evans (32)
- Location: New York City
- Type of Business: Interior and Jewelry Design; Brand Consulting
- GreenHouse Eco-Cleaning L.L.C.
- CEO: Saudia Davis (33)
- Location: New York City
- Type of Business: Organic Residential and Commercial Cleaning Service
- Strong College Students Moving Inc.
- President/CEO: Shaun C. Robinson (29)
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Type of Business: Home and Office Moving Company
Teenpreneur Award: This honor recognizes entrepreneurs, age 19 and under, who are committed to the tradition of black business achievement.
- Amber’s Amazing Animal Balloons
- Founder/CEO: Amber Liggett (16)
- Location: Beaver, PA
- Type of Business: Balloon Creations and Entertainment
- Mamma Nia’s Vegan Bakery
- President/CEO: Nia Froome (19)
- Location: Valley Stream, NY
- Type of Business: Vegan/Organic Cookies and Cupcakes
- Weeds & Moore
- President/CEO: Jordan Anderson (18)
- Location: Dallas
- Type of Business: Lawn Care Services
For more than 40 years, BLACK ENTERPRISE has served as the unprecedented leader in black business development. This year’s Entrepreneurs Conference boasts high-powered speakers, including award-winning journalist Tavis Smiley; Top Chef Marcus Samuelsson; and Pooka Pure and Simple President Dawn Fitch. Plus, the renowned Small Business Successtm Bootcamp will be presented along with essential sessions on International Business, Finding Angel Investors, Social Media Marketing, The Art of Creative Partnerships, Corporate Procurement, Business Coaching, Protecting Your Idea/Invention, Franchising, Selling Online, Generating Cash for your Tech Start-up, Using Search Engine Optimization to Sell Your Goods, How to do Business with the Government, and much more.
To access updates on the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo hosted by Nationwide, follow BLACK ENTERPRISE on Facebook and on Twitter, and by tracking the hashtags #BEEC2012. #BETEEN12 and #TEENPRENEUR.