credit, debt, and tax obligations.
4. I will save at least 10% of my income.
5. I will use homeownership as a foundation for building wealth.
6. I will devise an investment plan for my retirement needs and children’s education.
7. I will ensure that my entire family adheres to sensible money management principles.
8. I will support the creation and growth of minority-owned businesses.
9. I will guarantee my wealth is passed on to future generations through proper insurance and estate planning.
10. I will strengthen my community through philanthropy.
(This article was originally published in the February 2009 issue.)