- Detroit Lions: The Detroit Lions holds the record for playing the most Thanksgiving Day games, counting today's event, will make it game number 73. This tradition goes as far back as 1934 when they played the undefeated Chicago Bears. The Bears stayed undefeated and a new tradition was started!
Detroit's record is 33-37-2
- Dallas Cowboys: America's Team has played the second most games (44) on Thanksgiving and share the tradition with The Detroit Lions. They started in 1966 and outside of 2 years, they've played every Thanksgiving since.
Their record, which is the best of these 5 teams listed here, is 28-15-1.
- Green Bay Packers: The third oldest NFL franchise, The Green Bay Packers, played their first Thanksgiving game versus the Detroit Lions in 1951. This was an annual ritual for the two teams and the Turkey Day rivalry stopped in 1963, although they've played numerous times after that. The Packers will be playing their 35th game today and their record is 14-18-2.
- Chicago Bears: Number 4 goes to the franchise with the most players enshrined in the Football Hall of Fame with 27 members, The Chicago Bears, with 31 games. They were also the first opponent for The Lions in 1934. The 1980 Thanksgiving match up with the Detroit Lions was the first overtime game played on the holiday.
Chicago's record is 16-13-2.
- Arizona Cardinals: Although they haven't made an appearance since 2008, they have played 23 times on Thanksgiving. They also own the worst record of the teams on this list with a record of 6-15-2.