3) Humility– There is always something to be learned or gained through knowledge. True humility is staying teachable no matter how much you know! Remember, there is someone who will always be more successful, more advanced, and have more wisdom than you have even in your area of “expertise.” However, as we remain humble, it always opens us up for more.
4) Resilience – If one is to be successful in business, there will be many advancements and promotions, but also there will be adversities, with many trials and failures attached. However, the power to bounce back, ability to speak life and drive to move forward can never be optional.
5) Forgiveness – Learning to release and letting go is huge in business and in life. Why? Because there will be people who will defy your trust, undermine your character, and maybe even attempt to assassinate your name. If you focus on those things, they can and will serve as a huge blessing blocker. In addition, you must always be ready to forgive yourself and ask others for forgiveness. The willingness to forgive and let go opens up the door for unlimited success in all aspects of your life, which includes business.
6) Risk – In business, many times risks are taken and those risks may not always work in your best interest. However, it is worth it because it teaches you perseverance. You may have to change the plan BUT the goal stays the same.
7) Ownership – Having a firm, unshakeable belief in yourself is so important. All success starts and ends with you! We teach our organization that “If it’s to be … then it’s up to me!” You should try it, post it, and affirm it daily. In success, you can never escape personal responsibility. At the end of the day, believe it, execute it, and OWN IT!
The Scotts would love to hear from you, so be sure to let them know you connected with them through Black Enterprise! Stay connected to the movement and learn more about how to get your next business breakthrough: www.LenikaScott.com; https://www.facebook.com/lenika.scott; DestinyBuilders.Int@gmail.com (email); @LenikaScott (Twitter); LenikaScott (Instagram)
Roz A. Gee (@RozAGee) consults as The Media Match Maven™ of The Rated Gee Agency with core service sectors in Media Relations, Brand Readiness and Speaking/Training. Roz has masterfully mixed over 20 years of cumulative experience and has worked professionally for industry titans such as General Electric, AT&T, AOL, IBM, and Northrop Grumman. Schedule a complimentary analysis at www.MediaMatchMaven.com. Twitter: @RozAGee, Facebook: TheRatedGeeAgency