- At Chilly D’s Restaurant which is a part of the Cameo Casino Restaurant in Stockton, Calif, printed on the top of a receipt were the words “Fat Girls".
Jimmy Siemers, co-owner of Chilly D’s, said he is trying to clean up the mess.
“I just want to tell them we’re sincerely sorry and we’ll do everything in our power to make sure this never happens to anyone again,” he said.
- A Hooters is being sued for racial discrimination after 25-year old Kisuk Cha and his girlfriend ate at the restaurant and upon looking at the receipt found "chinx" typed in the space used to identify customers' names.<br>
When questioned, the female staff member was told her behavior violated company policy and she resigned on the spot.
The company's lawyer wrote in a letter to the couple's lawyer that "It does not reflect the manner in which the restaurant is operated," and said the worker's conduct was "deplorable" and "egregious."
- A federal lawsuit filed by a successful African-American businessman against a Newport Beach steakhouse that repeatedly listed him on credit card receipts as "McStinkyNigger," "McNigSh*t" and "McCottonwood," was settled before going to trial, for an undisclosed sum. <br>
In a deposition, Mario Marovic, a partial owner of CDM Restaurant, Inc. which includes Landmark Steakhouse, said that they do not "discriminate against any group of people on any basis whatsoever."
- Papa John’s had to apologize after an employee typed a racial slur on a receipt to a customer at one of its locations in New York City.<br>
Minhee Cho posted an image of the receipt on Twitter, which called her “lady chinky eyes.”<br>
“We are very upset by recent receipt issue in New York & sincerely apologize to our customer. Franchise employee involved is being terminated,” Papa John’s said via a tweet.
- A resident adviser from UC Irvine took two of his students to a local Chick-Fil-A and received receipts labeled with the names "Ching" and "Chong" — despite the fact that they had never been asked their names. <br>
The Chick-fil-A cashier who entered the offending names was fired and the company issued the following official statement:
"Please understand and accept our confirmation that the inappropriate, and unthinking behavior of a young team member at one of our restaurants does not support any claim or even suggestion of racism at our restaurant. The individual clearly violated our operating standards; the matter was addressed and discussed immediately with the guests on the spot; and a confirmation was provided that the employee was immediately dismissed for the individual behavior."