As a tech startup founder you may be aware of angel investors and about pitching to venture capitalists. However, there is a slew of programs available that you can apply to now to raise funding for your business.
This list comes courtesy of F6s— a site that compiles pertinent information for startup founders. For fund-raising check out the programs below:
- Highway 1 is giving up to $100,000 funds for hardware or Internet-of-Things (IoT)-focused startups. In addition, the organization offers a four-month program on how to scale a hardware company, product design, and engineering support, and offers a trip to Shenzhen, China, to learn about global manufacturing and supply chain management, marketing, retail and funding support. Apply until Nov. 21, 2016.
- Make money as a BMW partner. The luxury automaker is offering a partnership program to any startup that makes a “cool service that can delight BMW customers.” Think entertainment, location, or any apps that customers can use in their vehicles. Winning startups will have the opportunity to sell their solution to millions via the BMW Concierge platform. Deadline to apply is Nov. 15, 2016, at 12:00 noon.
- Tech Wildcatters Gauntlet is an accelerator ready to fund innovation. Startups can receive up to $130,000 in funding. And your product or app doesn’t have to be fully realized. According to its site, the accelerator is accepting applications “whether you’re an idea on a napkin or already generating revenue.” The deadline to apply for the February 2017 program is Dec. 12, 2016.
- You’ve got five minutes to pitch your heart out at The IDEA Showcase in Las Vegas. Highlight how your startup is shaking up an industry. The most disruptive companies will be chosen by the audience and a panel of judges for an undisclosed amount of funding. Deadline for application is Nov. 30, 2016.
- Fownders is a startup accelerator focused on building an entrepreneurial ecosystem with an emphasis on urban markets. The accelerator is seeking startups in the following markets: advertising, data and analytics, entertainment, film production, finance, marketing media, social enterprise, social networking, software development, augmented reality, big data, brand awareness, brand development, content, digital marketing, digital media, mobile applications, SaaS, social entrepreneurship, social innovation, social media, urban regeneration and virtual reality. Winners will take part in the accelerator’s mentoring program and receive up to $100,000 in funding. Deadline is Jan. 13, 2017.