Everyone has those moments where they question themselves, their judgment, and their decisions. In those moments they seek advice to help them steer their path and hopefully move into the right direction. Whether you are in need of career or personal advice it is essential to know whether you are getting advice that will benefit you. Inc writer Steve Tobak, a management consultant and executive coach, reveals 5 ways that you will know the advice you are getting will be good. Here are his suggestions:
- What’s your state of mind? Making decisions when you are angry, scared or confused is never a good idea. Take some time to weigh your options before making any concrete decisions.
- Listen to your gut. You know yourself the best. No one knows what is best for you better than yourself.
- Consider the source. Seeking advice for a business decision isn’t the greatest idea when it is from someone outside of the industry. They may have a fresh view for something innovative, but it should be taken with a grain of salt.
- Can you corroborate it? Are you getting the same advice from different sources. Life is the best teacher and many have gone before you circumstances may have been different but the results are the same.
- Consider the risk. How will the decision you are making impact your life? Is it something you can recover from or will it be the end of it all?Â Remember you must use your discretion in determining how you will apply the advice and if it is going to contribute to your growth.
Read more at Inc.com…