With nearly 42 million Americans expected to travel thisÂ Fourth of July weekend, according to AAA, several states will be super busy gearing up for a weekend filled with events.
From enjoying an explosive Independence day celebration in Chicago to partying it up in New Orleans at the Essence Festival, here’s a round-up of some of the best 4th of July celebrations happening around the nation.
1. Las Vegas, Nevada. From enjoying fireworks at one of the many hotels on the strip, like the Stratosphere, Caesars Palace, or Mandalay Bay, to marching along the Summerlin Council Independence Day Patriotic Parade or The Boulder City Damboree, there’s plenty of ways to celebrate in and around Sin City. Visit Vegas.com to learn more.
2. Chicago, Illinois. A few years ago, the city of Chicago cancelled its official fireworks, but the Navy Pier hosts an unforgettable Independence Day celebration at the pier or Millennium Park. Â Visit Time Out Chicago for a complete list of events.
3. Lake Buena Vista, FL. The Magic Kingdom has a fireworks show on July 3rd and 4th. Although fireworks can be seen throughout the park, the best spot for gazing at the dazzling show is Main Street USA, with Cinderella Castle in the foreground. Fireworks begin each night at 9 p.m. Visit DisneyWorld.com to learn more.
4. New Orleans,Â Louisiana. This year Missy Elliott, Usher, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar, Erykah Badu and Common will headline the Essence Music Festival held at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. There will also be speakers and events at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Weekend passes start at $170, Thursday-Sunday.
5. San Diego, California. From Coronado Bay’s popular annual Independence Day Celebration to Escondido’s 52nd annual Independence Day Festival and Fireworks, and the Port of San Diego’s Big Bay Boom Fire works show, spectacular events are happening throughout San Diego.Visit the San Diego Tribune to learn more.
6. Norfolk, Virginia. The 33rd Annual Great American Picnic & Fireworks celebration will take place at Town Point Park on Waterside Drive in Norfolk, V.A. From 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. visitors can enjoy food from the tastiest food vendors,Â a special performance by the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command Band,Â Town Point Park on Waterside Drive in Norfolk, V.A., and the Waterfront Fireworks display at 9:30 pm.
7. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, celebrates the holiday with fireworks and festivities such as the sixth annual Salute from the Shore flyover, an event featuring a vintage WWII aircraftÂ flying along South Carolina’s coast in a patriotic salute to the brave men and women who have served in America’s armed forces.
Additionally, you can catch fireworks atÂ Broadway at the Beach, between 21st and 29th avenues North on U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach, TicketReturn.com Field, 1251 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach and Second Avenue Pier, 110 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. Visit myrtlebeach.com to learn more.
8. Miami, Florida. From the shores of Miami to the swanky boutique and shops along Key Biscayne, Miami has several events planned. The Fire on the Fourth Festival takes place on Miami Beach North Shore Park from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
The Village of Key Biscayne will celebrate its ’56th annual Fourth of July Parade’ at 11 a.m. along Crandon Boulevard from Harbor Drive to West Enid.Â Also, the ‘7th Annual Independence Day Hot Dog Eating Competition’ (hosted by CocoWalk) will begin at 6:00 p.m. in Coconut Grove. Visit miamiandbeaches.com to learn more.
9. New York, New York. Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks is one of the most anticipated Independence Day celebrations for New Yorkers. On July 4th, fireworks start at 9:20 p.m. and can be seen from any area with an unobstructed view of the sky over the East River.
Viewing locations are also available in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens. On July 3, the Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk will also host a fireworks show beginning at 9:30 p.m. in Brooklyn. Visit 7online.com to learn more about New York City area events.
10. Ashland, Ohio. From July 2 -5, hot air balloons fill the air to celebrate 4th of July at theÂ Ashland Ohio BalloonFest. The 3-day event features food, live entertainment, kids safety & fun zones, and much more. General Admission is free and parking is $5.
Check this as wellÂ