Delta Air Lines honored top small-business, minority-owned and women-owned supplier partners during the company’s annual Supplier Diversity Star Awards event March 25, at the Delta Flight Museum in Atlanta.
For 16 years, the Star Awards program has acknowledged the exemplary contributions and work of suppliers and Delta team members who champion diversity.
“This event is a wonderful opportunity to say thanks and celebrate our successful partnerships, which are built on Delta’s core values of honesty, integrity and respect,â€ said Greg May, Delta’s SVP of supply chain management. “Supplier diversity is critical to delivering a quality product and exceeding our customers’ expectations.â€
Honorees are nominated and selected by a review committee based on categories including quality, value creation, innovation, customer service, cost savings and community involvement.
This year’s winners included:
- Small Business of the Year — PHS/MWA Aviation Services, Temecula, Calif.
- Minority-owned Business of the Year — Agile 1, Torrance, Calif.
- Woman-owned Business of the Year — GAT Airline Ground Support, Mobile, Ala.
- Corporate Real Estate Business of the Year — Creative Construction Services Corp., Cambria Heights, N.Y.
- Catalyst Award — Reginald Williams, CEO of Procurement Resources Inc., Peachtree City, Ga.
- Team of the Year — Delta Cargo and Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
“The relationships we share with our diverse suppliers are driven by collaborative engagement,â€ said Karmetria Burton, Delta’s general manager of supply chain management strategic programs. “Working together, we are able to achieve mutual success.â€