Home to 2.5 million people, the Kansas City region offers the benefits of more than 50 unique communities and 18 counties in Kansas and Missouri.
As “America’s Creative Crossroads,” the region’s distinctive qualities come from a confluence of artistry and technology innovation. Google selected the Kansas City metro for the roll-out of its Google Fiber service, which provides internet speeds at up to one gigabit per second.
The nation’s only event where large corporations pitch business opportunities to entrepreneurs and technology businesses is taking place November 21, in Kansas City. The “Reverse Pitch” event presenters – including Sprint, DST, H&R Block and the Kansas City Chiefs – will share business product ideas with an audience of 200 innovators to forge partnerships and identify talent.
The “Reverse Pitch” event presenters – including Sprint, DST, H&R Block and the Kansas City Chiefs – will share business product ideas with an audience of 200 innovators to forge partnerships and identify talent.
“Large corporations have traditionally kept quiet about their innovations and new product ideas,” says Ryan Weber, president ofKCnext, host of the event. “We’re using the same format that entrepreneurs have been using for decades to get funded. For the first time, large companies will be the ones in the hot seat pitching their newest, best ideas to small business owners.”
Reverse Pitch is being held from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. CST on Thursday, November 21, at the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce board room. Each presenter will have 15 minutes to present their business opportunity. The event will be live-streamed at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kcnext.
- DST Systems (NYSE: DST) – Nick Doyle, software architect
- H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) – George Guastello, vice president, corporate strategy
- Kansas City Chiefs NFL football team – Jeremy Zimmer, director of digital media and strategy
- Sprint Corporation (NY SE: S) – Kevin McGinnis, vice president, Pinsight Media/Sprint
- University of Missouri-Kansas City – Jim Baxendale, manager, Whiteboard to Boardroom regional commercialization program