Global Knowledge’s annual report on the highest paid IT certifications is out. The list also reveals the average salary for each certification.
[Related: 10 Black Women Changing the World via Science and Technology]
1. AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, is intended for individuals with experience designing distributed applications and systems on the AWS platform
2. Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
The CRISC is designed for IT professionals, project managers whose job it is to identify and manage risks to IT and the business.
3. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
The CISM certification is for management more than the IT professional and focuses on security strategy and assessing the systems and policies in place.
4. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
CISSP certification is based around eight areas in computer security, including security and risk management, communications and network security, software development security, asset security, security engineering, identity and access management, security assessment and testing, and security operations.
5. Project Management Professional (PMP)
The PMP certification exam tests five areas relating to the life cycle of a project: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
6. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
CISA certification is usually obtained by those whose job responsibilities include auditing, monitoring, controlling, and/or assessing IT and/or business systems.
7. Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching
The CCIE is aimed more at networking designers and architects than implementers and troubleshooters.
8. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Data Center
The CCNA is aimed at data center technologies, such as networking and storage as well as other network services.
9. Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
The CCDP exam includes the technologies associated with switching and routing.
10. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
The CEH certification is designed to test a candidate’s abilities to prod for holes, weaknesses, and vulnerabilities in a company’s network defenses.
11. Six Sigma Green Belt
The Six Sigma certification is primarily focused on manufacturing and producing better quality products.
12. Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V)
The CCP-V covers the basics of managing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting Citrix virtualization products.
13. Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Security
Achieving CCNP Security certification requires that you have achieved CCNA Security or any CCIE and that you pass four security implementation exams.
14. ITIL v3 Foundation
The ITIL certification is a set of best practices for aligning the services IT provides with the needs of the organization.
15. VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
VCP-DCV certifies one’s knowledge of and ability to perform basic deployment and administration of vCenter and ESXi.