You were once on a wonderful healthy regime, your exercise schedule was consistent, you watched your empty calorie snacking, and you felt great. Then something happened, you fell off track, you notice your pants are a bit tighter, you are a bit sluggish, and your workouts are no longer a priority.
As you are thinking of your plan, remember to be gentle with yourself and do what is right for your body. Here are five healthy ways to get started:
1. Take small steps initially. If you haven’t been exercising regularly, start with a reasonable routine that is effective for you. If you drink coffee with sugar every day, substitute it with agave or stevia. To get started write down a weekly goal as you accomplish it, build from there.
2. Reflect on your plan. This will take some time but think about the question “How did I get here?â€ sit with that for a while, then free write for 10 minutes. It is a lengthy and healing exercise but many revelations will come out with this activity.
3. Write it all down. Take notes on your goals, accomplishments, triggers, and eating habits. This will help you see your flow and attitude in regards to yourself and health.
4. Recite affirmations. “I am …” is the most powerful statement that you will tell yourself. Make it positive. You are worthy of greatness and health.
5. Celebrate yourself. Honor your milestones and celebrate your accomplishments toward a healthier you.
What do you do to keep your healthy lifestyle on track? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Yvelette Stines (www.yvelettestines.com) is an award-winning writer whose work has been published in Essence, Uptown, Heart and Soul, Jones, Hispanic Executive Quarterly, and Green Build + Design, just to name a few. Her book Vernon the Vegetable Man encourages children to choose healthy lifestyle habits. Stines’ blog Calming Corners (www.calmingcorners.com) motivates readers to live a calm and healthy lifestyle. You can find her calmly playing on social media @yvelettestines and @calmingcorners.