- Last week, news broke about two African American men, <strong>Christopher Johnson</strong> and <strong>Nathaniel Claybrooks</strong>, filing a class action lawsuit against the producers of <strong><em>The Bachelor</em></strong> and <strong><em>The Bachelorette</em></strong>. The men claim that they were rejected from being cast on the popular reality show because they are Black. In 20+ seasons of the long running show, there has never been an African American contestant.<br><br>
While the rest of the world argues the validity and diversity of reality television’s latest bachelors, <strong>BlackEnterprise.com</strong> rounded up a list of the hottest 10 single brothers that should be on your radar. Not only are these men easy on the eyes but they’re all certified movers and shakers, too. Ladies, you’re welcome. <strong><em><a href="http://blackbridalbliss.com/" target="_blank">—Bridgette Bartlett of Black Bridal Bliss</a> </em></strong>
- <strong>Name: <a title="Hill Harper on ‘Waiting for Superman’: “It vilifies teachers”" href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/2010/10/18/hill-harper-on-waiting-for-superman-it-vilifies-teachers/" target="_blank">Hill Harper</a></strong><br><br>
<strong>Claim to Fame:</strong> Acclaimed as an actor and author, Harper is also the creator of a non-profit organization called Manifest Your Destiny, which assists underserved youth find a path to empowerment and educational excellence.<br><br>
<strong>Why He’s So Hot: </strong>Harper graduated magna cum laude from Brown University, cum laude from Harvard Law School and also holds an MBA from Harvard University. But don’t worry, this Ivy Leaguer, who is known to hit the club scene occasionally, works hard and plays hard. Plus, he’s pals with Hollywood starlets like Gabrielle Union, indicating that he values friendships; the core of any solid relationship.
- <strong>Name:</strong> Idris Elba<br><br>
<strong>Claim to Fame:</strong> He first caught our attention as the intelligent thug on HBO’s cult favorite, <em>The Wire</em> and since became a mainstream Hollywood heartthrob. Not content with just skating on his good looks, Elba has proven he takes his craft seriously by accepting challenging roles like those he played as a detective in BBC’s <em>Luther</em>—for which he’s won a Golden Globe award.<br><br>
<strong>Why He’s So Hot: </strong>Elba is quite possibly one of the sexiest men walking. His irresistible British accent, a set of abs women can’t stop staring at, and that nonchalant “I don’t even realize how fine I am” charm have become legendary. However, he’s a thinker too and recently diversified his resume by expanding to music (he’s a highly sought after DJ) and working behind the camera as a producer of the indie series <em>Milk & Honey. </em>
- (Image: Getty)
- <strong>Name: <a href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/2011/03/21/tyler-perry-decoded/">Tyler Perry</a></strong><br><br>
<strong>Claim to Fame:</strong> Credited for making characters like a sassy gun toting grandma known as Madea a household name, the writer/director/producer/actor is one of the most influential filmmakers of our time. According to <strong><em><a href="http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2011/09/12/the-highest-paid-men-in-entertainment/ " target="_blank">Forbes</a> </em></strong>magazine, Perry earned $130 million between May 2010 and May 2011, which ranks him as the highest-earning man in entertainment for that time period.<br><br>
<strong>Why He’s So Hot: </strong>Standing at 6’5”, Perry is one tall glass of water. He’s also the type of guy that loans his private jet on a whim to the family of the late Whitney Houston in their biggest time of need. Good Samaritans generally make a good catch.
- <strong>Name: <a title="Decoding Dwight Howard’s Impact On Orlando’s Economy" href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/2012/02/23/dwight-howard-trade-impact-on-orlandos-economy/" target="_blank">Dwight Howard</a></strong><br><br>
<strong>Claim to Fame:</strong> A five-time all star center for the Orlando Magic basketball team, Howard said before being drafted in 2004 that he wanted to use his NBA career and Christian faith to "raise the name of God within the league and throughout the world."<br><br>
<strong>Why He’s So Hot: </strong>Sure there are plenty of hot single men in the NBA but Howard has managed to stay low-key despite an ex who appears on the messy VH1 reality show <em>Basketball Wives</em> (He and <strong><a title="Basketball Wives’ Royce Reed Creates Her Own Reality on Stage" href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/2012/02/27/basketball-wives-royce-reed-off-broadway-play/">Royce Reed</a></strong> have a son together). Unlike many of his peers, there are no drama-filled tales of Howard spending someone’s annual salary at the strip club or racking up DUIs. Sexy is the man who aims to keep his business out the streets.
- (Image: Getty)
- <strong>Name:</strong> Reggie Love<br><br>
<strong>Claim to Fame:</strong> Until late 2011, Love was <b><a href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/2012/04/25/barack-obama-on-jimmy-fallon-and-4-more-cool-branding-moves/">President Obama</a></b>’s “body man” (personal aide and special assistant) making him responsible for ensuring the Commander in Chief was always ready to roll. The two even became basketball buddies and were known for shooting hoops regularly at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.<br><br>
<strong>Why He’s So Hot: </strong>Love, who played both basketball and football for Duke University, resigned from his coveted position to complete his Master of Business Administration degree at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School. A golden blessing from POTUS himself only adds to his appeal.
- <strong>Name: <a title="Daymond John Moderates Early Stage ul urban fashion line that at its peak, recorded annual sales of $350 million, placing it in the same stratosphere as designer sportswear labels such as Donna Karan New York and Tommy Hilfiger.<br><br>
<strong>Why He’s So Hot: </strong>In the words of songstress Beyoncé, John “knows how to flip that money three ways.” A Queens, New York native form humble beginnings, John used his street smarts to help build a multi-million dollar fashion empire. The highly sought out marketing expert and author shows us just how sexy a man with a plan can be. <strong> </strong>
- <strong>Name:</strong> Jamie Foxx<br><br>
<strong>Claim to Fame:</strong> The Oscar and Grammy award winning actor/singer was born to make us laugh, dance and even cry when he performs. With all of the well-deserved accolades he’s accumulated, it’s hard to believe Foxx first got our attention as the memorable character Wanda on the 90s hit television show, <em>In Living Color. </em><br><br>
<strong>Why He’s So Hot: </strong>A man that can serenade a woman and make her laugh? That’s a keeper for sure. Foxx maintains a quiet swag factor that certainly doesn’t hurt either.