20 Bucket List Destinations in the United States
Mention the term ‘bucket list’ and most people think about traveling to a foreign country. But contrary to popular belief, the United States has several beautiful, exotic, and mysterious destinations. Business Insider compiled a list of trips everyone should take in the U.S. in their lifetime.
Check out a snapshot of the list below:
1. Tackle the waves in Hawaii.
2. See how the Amish of Pennsylvania Dutch Country live. Most still wear traditional clothing and get around by horse and buggy.
3. Drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco on the Pacific Coast Highway — aka California State Route 1.
4. Watch the sunset from Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse in Maine’s Acadia National Park.
5. Feel the terror as you look down 4,770 feet into the base of the Grand Canyon from the glass-bottom Skywalk platform.
6. Hike along a section of the Appalachian Trail.
7. See a Cirque du Soleil performance in Las Vegas.
8. View cutting-edge art at Art Basel Miami Beach.
9. Cut through fresh powder on skis or a snowboard in Aspen or Vail, Colorado.
10. Take an iconic American road trip down Route 66.
11. Cheer on cowboys at a classic American rodeo, like the National Western Rodeo in Denver, Colorado.
12. Visit New Orleans during Mardi Gras.
13. Traverse the Red Rocks of Sedona, Arizona, in a rugged jeep.
14. Marvel at Niagara Falls, where approximately 3,160 tons of water flows over the falls every second.
15. Explore Charleston, South Carolina, in a horse-drawn carriage. The city was recently voted the best city in America by travelers.
16. Admire the ancient adobe buildings of Taos Pueblo, a 1,000-year-old community outside Taos, New Mexico.
17. Cruise down the Mississippi River in a classic steamboat.
18. Catch a wave in Oahu, one of Hawaii’s stunning beaches.
19. Take a cruise in Alaska and look for orcas.
20. Go wine tasting in Napa Valley, California.
Read More: Business Insider