- This holiday season, it's great to receive. But it's even better to be able to get or give a gift that keeps giving. Make your purchases count by offering something that can both benefit your loved ones and colleagues while helping a whole community or saving the Earth. As part of our <strong><a href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/holidaygiftguide2011/">Holiday Gift Guide</a></strong> coverage, we suggest five gifts that do just that. <i>—Janell Hazelwood</i>
- <a href="http://www.groundsforchange.com/index.php?" target="_blank"><strong>Coffee & Tea Lovers: Fair Trade Beverages
For those working professionals who swear by that morning cup of coffee or tea, this is the perfect gift. You can gift loved ones and colleagues with memberships where they can receive the Coffee of the Month, seasonal teas, or chocolates, which are all fair-trade.<strong>
Hands cupping coffee beans
- <a href="http://www.staples.com/Zebra-Recycled-Jimnie-Clip-Retractable-Ballpoint-Pen-Medium-Point-Black-Dozen/product_563218?storeId=10001&jspStoreDir=Staples&cmSearchKeyword=563218&fromUrl=home&langId=-1&catalogId=10051" target="_blank"><strong>Earth-Friendly Stocking Stuffer: Recycled Jimnie Clip Ballpoint Pen</strong></a>
This pen is made with 75% post-consumer content, and is the perfect office essential made from recycled material. And it’s ballpoint, for those enthusiasts who love to sign their names with class and style.
- <a href="http://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/BiddingForGood.action" target="_blank"><strong>Auction for a Cause: Bidding for Good</strong></a>
This site allows you to bid on various items and contribute to an accompanying charity or organization. From apartment listings to concert packages to restaurant visits, you can shop and contribute to a cause close to your heart.
- <strong>The Chic Factor: Nicole Miller’s Indigo Africa Apparel:</strong>
Designer <a href="http://www.nicolemiller.com/Accessories/Indego_Africa/pl/c/133.html" target="_blank"><strong>Nicole Miller</strong></a> partnered with the nonprofit <a href="http://www.indegoafrica.org/" target="_blank"><strong>Indego Africa</strong></a> to launch a colorful and exclusive line of <a href="http://www.nicolemiller.com/Accessories/Indego_Africa/pl/c/133.html" target="_blank"><strong>fair-trade shorts, sarongs, and accessories</strong></a>. Indego Africa is a social enterprise that partners with more than 250 women artisans in Rwanda, Africa on a fair-trade basis to help them build relationships with and fill orders for high-end retailers. These items make the perfect gift just in time for vacationing, and 15% of the proceeds are donated to Indego Africa. *Quantities limited*
- <a href="http://www.charitynavigator.org/" target="_blank"><strong>The Conscious Gift: Charity Navigator</strong></a>
If you have close friends and colleagues who are passionate about their communities — whether they’re heavy into feeding the homeless, mentoring youth, or serving families abroad — what better gift to give than a donation in their name? CharityNavigator.org allows you to pick the amount and give gift cards to the charity of your friends’ or colleagues’ choice.
Money wrapped in ribbon