With the recent passing of Kris Kross’ Chris Kelly aka Mac Daddy, we are saddened at to hear we will never see or hear from the once lovable little rapper who wore his clothes backwards with his partner, Daddy Mac.
It’s being reported that he may have died of a drug overdose, but we’d like to turn your attention to some things you may or may not have known about the duo we knew as Kris Kross.
- Their debut single, ‘Jump’, stayed on top of the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart for 8 weeks.
- They toured on Michael Jackson’s Dangerous World Tour.
- They had their own video game, “Kris Kross: Make My Video” for the Sega CD console.
- ‘Jump’ sold 2 million records.
- It was recently reported that because Mac Daddy had alopecia, people wrongly thought he had cancer.
- ‘Jump’ was supposedly a diss record towards another kid group, Motown Record’s ABC (Another Bad Creation).
- Kris Kross wasn’t the only group with both members having the first name of Chris. Both members of Kid N Play also shared the first name of Chris.
- They were listed at number 90 on VH1′s list of ‘The 100 Greatest Kid Stars’.
- They were discovered at The Greenbriar Mall, in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1991.
- Jermaine Dupri wrote both emcees’ lyrics for ‘Jump.’