Iconic Singer Whitney Houston Found Dead in Beverly Hilton Hotel

On the eve of music's biggest night, the Grammy Awards, the music industry loses one of its icons: Whitney Houston

On the eve of music’s biggest night—The Grammy Awards—the entertainment industry mourns the shocking loss of an icon: Whitney Houston. Circumstances of the 48-year-old’s death are still under investigation, but according to Beverly Hills police, the singer was found in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel at 3:23pm PST. According to authorities, medical aids tried to resuscitate Houston on the scene, but she was pronounced dead at 3:55pm PST.

It is presumed Houston had plans to attend tonight’s annual pre-Grammy bash of her mentor, music legend Clive Davis. It is unknown whether the incident will cause cancellation of the evening’s event. Houston, who has been open about her struggles with drug abuse, was making another comeback after another stint in rehab. She was set to star in the remake of the film Sparkle, produced by Mara Brock Akil, and has been seen making recent appearances with friend Ray J on several red carpets.

News reports say the Grammy show producers are scrambling to make changes to tomorrow night’s show in order to honor Houston, and that singer Jennifer Hudson may be the one to sing the tribute. On a night when the music industry celebrates its own, one thing is for certain: there will be a great sense of loss among the musicians assembled.

Our condolences to Houston’s family, friends and loved ones.

14 Responses to Iconic Singer Whitney Houston Found Dead in Beverly Hilton Hotel

1. Tiyah says:

OMG.. GODBLESS THE HOUSTON FAMILY

2. Laura D says:

RIP Whitney you will be forever missed but you will live on forever through your beautiful music. My prayers go out to all her family and close friends.

3. Linda says:

To Family and Friends of Whitney Houston:Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4. We all Loved her but God Love Best.

4. htownlawman says:

see Beverly Hills police news conference about her death:

link: http://youtu.be/xerT_pvIhkQ

5. Pingback: Iconic is Whack

6. Pingback: The Impact of Whitney Houston's Death on Twitter -Black Enterprise

7. Pingback: #WhitneyHouston’s Impact on Twitter » JK Consulting Group, LLC

8. Pingback: Goodbye, Whitney…

9. Pingback: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything to Bobbi Kristina - Black Enterprise

10. Pingback: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything to Bobbi Kristina » JK Consulting Group, LLC

11. Darren says:

I never feel more proud to be an American than when I hear Whitney Houston’s rendition of the Star Spangeled Banner she sang in 1991. I get goosebumps every time I hear it and my heart swells with pride for our country. She was a national treasure and will be missed.

12. Kredite says:

I have to say that for the last few of hours i have been hooked by the impressive posts on this blog. Keep up the wonderful work.

13. ipad 3 says:

Hi there, I found your blog by means of Google even as searching for a comparable matter, your site came up, it seems to be good. I’ve bookmarked to my favourites|added to my bookmarks.