Each year, SCORE provides small business mentoring and workshops to more than 375,000 new and growing small businesses.Â The nationwide network today announced itâ€™s opening nominations for its SCORE awards.
The fifth annual awards and gala recognizes American small business owners who have helped impact the nation, and achieved this success in part through SCOREâ€™s services. Clients who have utilized the free webinars, templates and tools available at www.SCORE.org will be among the award recipients. The gala will also provide business owners an opportunity to network and see how other businesses were able to create new jobs, increase revenue and realize their entrepreneurial goals.
“Our goal, since 1964, has been to celebrate and encourage small business in America,” said SCORE CEO Ken Yancey. “These awards honor those business owners and supporters who do the same.”
Mark Dobosz, President of The SCORE Foundation added, “Every year I am inspired when I hear the stories of these incredible small business owners who have achieved great things with the help of their mentors.Â It demonstrates once again the invaluable benefits of working with a SCORE mentor to propel small businesses to new heights.”
The complete list of this yearâ€™s award categories and sponsors is as follows:
- Outstanding Minority-Owned Small Business – Sponsored by AT&T
- Outstanding Small Business Launched by an Individual Aged 50+ – Sponsored by The SCORE Foundation
- Outstanding Young Entrepreneur Award – Sponsored by Deluxe Corporation
- Outstanding Veteran-Owned Small Business – Sponsored by Insperity
- Outstanding Woman-Owned Small Business – Sponsored by Constant Contact
- Outstanding Green Small Business – Sponsored by Office Depot Corporation
- Outstanding Non-Profit Organization – Sponsored by Office Depot Foundation
- Outstanding Franchise Small Business – Sponsored by The UPS Store
- Outstanding Innovative Small Business Award – Sponsored by Verisign
- Small Business with Outstanding Citizenship – Sponsored by Mass Mutual
Business owners and non-profit organizations are encouraged to nominate themselves. There are no costs associated with nomination submissions and all nominations must be submitted by March 31, 2013.
For further details about the SCORE Awards, past winners, award sponsors or to submit a nomination, visitÂ www.score.org/score_awards