Scion today announced today the 10 talented young entrepreneurs who each won a Scion vehicle, accessories, $10,000 and career mentoring as part of it’s “Motivate” program.
Launched in October, the Motivate program drew applicants who specialized in art, fashion, music and film, from all over the country. A panel selected 50 semi-finalists to participate in a three-day workshop last week in Santa Monica, Calif., with entrepreneurs who mentored the applicants on topics such as growing sales, establishing a physical space and online development.
“The Motivate winners live and breathe the passion Scion hoped to find and elevate through this first-ever program for young entrepreneurs,” said Scion Vice President Doug Murtha. “These individuals’ continued success is what we wish for all of our customers, who continue to show us they relate to forging their own paths and creative expressions.”
The 10 winners are:
- Jahmal C. of Chicago, an author and publisher
- Jeff P. of Denver, a backpack manufacturer
- Kate B. of Portland, Ore., a co-owner of a touring theater company
- Lily S. of Dallas, an owner of a graphic design and letterpress company
- Peter K. of Villa Park, Ill., a digital music magazine publisher
- Philip G. of Nashville, Tenn., a nonprofit music program leader
- Reed G. of Annapolis, Md., an artist and import retail store owner
- Roseli I. of Oakland, Calif., an import accessories business owner
- Tobi A. of San Francisco, a custom wood product designer
- William T. of Chicago, a documentary filmmaker
All winners will be individually paired with a relevant business mentor for future career-building and had their choice of any Scion vehicle. The remaining semi-finalists each received a $1,000 grant and left the workshop with helpful industry knowledge that they can apply to their business moving forward.
“Even if I hadn’t won this amazing prize, I still just felt like it was so beneficial for me as a business owner to be involved in this amazing workshop,” said Reed G. an artist and import retail store owner.