- Every year bottles of perfume, scarves, and restaurant dinner outings are the go-to picks for Mother's Day gifts. But have you noticed how your mom is texting a bit more, checking email and that she even has a Facebook page? Maybe she is ready for the next frontier. It is time to take a leap of faith and support in adding more tech gadgets to her life. Here are 6 gadgets that Moms will surely appreciate. –<strong><em>Yoli Ouiya</em></strong>
- <a href="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/nook-simple-touch-barnes-noble/1102344735" target="_blank"><strong>NOOK Simple Touch, $79</strong></a><br><br>
<strong>For the Reading Mom</strong>: The NOOK touts having the longest battery life, offering 2 months worth of energy based on half an hour of daily use. The non-glare factor makes it easy to move from indoors to outdoors. The adjustable font and text size makes it simple for Mom to read whichever way is most comfortable for her. Ultra light is an understatement. The NOOK weighs in at less than 7.5 ounces. With access to over 2.5 million book titles and free newspapers, as well as the ability to borrow library e-books, she'll never run out of reading material.
(Image: Barnes & Noble)
- <a href="http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_elph_310_hs" target="_blank"><strong>Canon PowerShot ELPH 310 HS, $259.99</strong></a><br><br>
<strong>For the Capture-the-Memories Mom</strong>: No more disposable cameras because the ones from the last family holiday are still undeveloped. This point-and-shoot camera is lightweight but packs a heavy punch. It fits comfortably in a jacket pocket or purse. From capturing up to 12-megapixels to shooting 108p HD home videos, Mom will love capturing the new family photos.
- <a href="https://www.speckproducts.com/smartflex-card-for-iphone-4s-4.html" target="_blank"><strong>SmartFlex Card Case for iPhone, $34.95</strong></a><br><br>
<strong>For the Minimalist Mom</strong>: She doesn't like carrying her life in her purse, but wants to make sure she has everything she needs. The SmartFlex Card Case for iPhone can carry up to 3 credit-card-sized cards or folded bills in the built-in slot on the back of the phone case, all while protecting the phone. The raised front bezel is important, protecting the screen from damage if or when it comes into contact with other surfaces.
(Image: Speck Products)
- <a href="http://zenbook.asus.com/" target="_blank"><strong>Asus Zenbook, around $1,499.99</strong></a><br><br>
<strong>For the Career Mom</strong>: There are three things that are important to the career mom: reliable technology, good baby sitters, and coffee (or tea). Take care of the first need with the ultra-lightweight and sleek Zenbook. Weighing in at less than 3 lbs for both the UX21 (11.6 in. screen) and UX31 (13.3 in. screen), don't let the aesthetically pleasing exterior fool you. With the 2nd generation Intel Core processors, 25% longer battery life, and capability for up to two weeks standby (using ASUS Super Hybrid Engine II technology), the Asus Zenbook Ultrabook makes efficiency look beautiful.
(Image: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.)
- <a href="http://www.lg.com/us/washers/lg-WM8000HWA-front-load-washer" target="_blank"><strong>LG TurboWash Front-Load Washer with Steam Technology, $1,399.99</strong></a><br><br>
<strong>For the Tidy-and-Timely Mom</strong>: With a 5.1 cu ft. mega capacity, this device can fit and clean a king-sized comforter and full set of king bedding in a single load. TurboWash technology shaves off 20 minutes of wash time per load. The TurboWash also includes steam technology, which aids in removing allergens, dirt, odors and wrinkles. This is the dream household washer that will save mom time, and money in energy usage.
(Image: LG Electronics)
- <a href="http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-118523" target="_blank"><strong>Nike+ iPod Sport Kit, $29</strong></a><br><br>
<strong>For the Fitness Mom</strong>: Mom, meet your new personal trainer, your iPod—thanks to a new partnership between Nike and Apple. By using a sensor that fits into the insole of the Nike+ shoes plus a receiver that plugs into your iPod nano, iPod touch (2nd generation or later), or iPhone 3GS (or later), it provides all the statistics of a day’s workout, which are recorded and synced online. Mom can track her progress, set goals, and even have virtual races with her running team. Go Mom!