- Headsets are high up on the list of must-have tech gadgets to <a href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/holidaygiftguide2011/">gift this holiday season</a>. While some prefer their earphones bedazzled with gems or coated in their favorite color, others like them simple and in-ear or—the exact opposite—over-ear and as large as ever. <strong>BlackEnterprise.com</strong> has got you covered, suggesting some of today’s latest headphones for the tech geek (or novice) in your life.–<em>Janel Martinez </em>
- <strong><a href="http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort_3/index.jsp" target="_blank">Bose QuietComfort 3 Acoustic Cancelling Headphones</a>, $349.95 </strong> <br> <br>
This convenient and compact on-ear headset is a great travel accessory. Just pack your light-weight QC3’s in its trim carrying case and up and go. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides 25 hours of listening pleasure when it’s fully charged and a lifespan of nearly 500 charging cycles, so users can listen to clear, sharp audio with little or no noise interference. It’s compatible with the Apple iPhone, and most MP3 players and iPod models.
- <strong><a href="http://www.beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B3808&cat=1" target="_blank">Beats by Dr. Dre Studio Color Headphones from Monster</a>, starting at $299.95</strong> <br> <br>
With everyone from producing pros <a title="WATCH: The High Life — Celebrities and Dignitaries Celebrate at UNCF Gala" href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/2011/03/23/the-high-life-celebrities-and-dignitaries-celebrate-at-uncf-gala/" target="_blank">Pharrell Williams</a> and <a title="WATCH: will.i.am Pushes Youth Education in the Sciences with TV Special" href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/2011/08/13/will-i-am-advocates-youth-science-education/" target="_blank">Will.i.am</a> to music heavyweights such as <a title="What You Can Learn from…Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’ Branding Techniques" href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/2010/11/17/what-you-can-learn-from-sean-diddy-combss-branding-techniques/" target="_blank">Diddy</a> and <a title="Kanye West Shows Up at Occupy Wall Street…In a Maybach?" href="http://www.blackenterprise.com/2011/10/11/kanye-west-shows-up-at-occupy-wall-street-in-a-maybach/" target="_blank">Kanye West</a> rocking these earphones, it’s fair to say they’re industry approved. Pairing advance speaker technology and unmatchable noise cancellation ability with a wide variety of colors (such as pink, orange, green, and blue), these limited –edition headphones are a great choice for the music connoisseur in your life.
(Image: Beats by Dr. Dre)
- <strong><a href="http://www.solrepublic.com/headphones/sol-republic-tracks" target="_blank">SOL Republic Tracks</a>, $99.99</strong> <br> <br>
This pick won’t break the bank. For under $100, users can get a worthwhile pair of over-ear headphones that marries comfort (thanks to the SonicSoft Speaker Pads) and style, with their swappable headbands available in white, red, and black, among other designs. The one-size-fits-all device utilizes V8 sound to bring listeners crisp audio and deep bass. Also, users are able to share sound by removing the band completely and, if you’re planning on traveling, collapse it to make for an easy fit in your luggage. The audio and microphone works on nearly all Android and Blackberry phones, while microphone and 3-button remote control works on iPods, iPhones & iPads.
(Image: SOL Republic)
- <strong><a href="http://fuseplusyou.com/headphones/InTune/InTuneRap" target="_blank">Fuse’s InTune Earphones</a>, $24.99</strong> <br> <br>
These in-ear headphones allow music lovers to heighten their audio experience based on the musical genre. Choose from jazz/classical, pop/easy listening, rock/blues/country and rap/hip hop music.