Lisa Leslie: Chicken and Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
Tip: This recipe calls for 1 whole Boston Market Rotisserie chicken but if you want all white meat buy 2 whole chickens and use dark meat in another recipe.
- 1 Boston Market Rotisserie chicken, picked
- 1 zucchini cut lengthwise three times
- 1 yellow squash cut lengthwise three times
- 1 green bell pepper cut in half remove stem and seeds
- 1 red onion peeled sliced Â¼ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 oz. olive oil
- 3 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 6 oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place vegetables in a bowl and add oil, herbs, salt and pepper; toss to cover vegetables.
- Grill off vegetables on your grill; grill just long enough to place a light grill mark on both sides of the vegetables. Remove vegetables. Chill and rough chop. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, add chicken and stir in pasta sauce.
- Lightly grease an 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- In prepared baking dish, spread 1/2 of the chicken sauce followed by 1/2 of the chopped grilled vegetables, 3 noodles and half each of ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. (The ricotta cheese layers will be thin.) Repeat layers finishing with a layer of cheese. Slowly pour 1/4 cup hot water around inside edge of dish. (Adding water will help create moisture in the final dish.) Tightly cover baking dish with 2 layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375Â° for 45 minutes; uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Let stand 20 minutes before serving. Serves 6-8.
Which one of these recipes is most appealing to you?